Monday, September 27, 2010

A Beautiful Wedding



My Step dad got married, Yay!  OK so that's an odd statement unless he was marring my mom which (thank god) he's not.  So let's start this story with a bit of background.  I have never met my father.  My mother had 4 children all with different fathers.  When I was 5 I met Jamie, whom I called dad as did both my younger sisters (Daryll and Dylan) although it was only true for the youngest.  When I was about 9 my mother started dating Dave.  They were together  for 13 years and shared a son, Konner, whom is my youngest sibling.  Jamie got the father title first so it kinda stuck (till I grew up and realized how incredibly undeserving he was of it).  Dave and my mother never actually married but were engaged for a really long time and step dad is a much easier title than my little brother's dad or my mom's ex-boyfriend.  Through everything Dave and I have remained very close and he has always played a father type role.  I don't know where I would be without him.  He and my mother's relationship was pretty rocky and he got hurt badly.  He deserved much better than he got and I am very happy to see him settled with someone who loves and respects him.  So, now that first sentence probably makes a bit more sense (and you got a glimpse into my bizarre family relationships, yikes)

So on Saturday Dave and Sandy were married on the front porch of their home.  It was an intimate ceremony.  It was the third marriage for both of them (which was news to me).  Hey don't they say third times a charm?!?  It was a beautiful event.  Open bar!!!!  Two of Dave's 3 brothers were there, from California and somewhere else far away (yeah I didn't catch the location) but I had never met them before so that was cool.  Paul was really nice and encouraged me to go into the cupcake business (he advises CEOs in LA)  and I didn't talk to the other brother much.  One of the brothers didn't show because he was golfing, which I thought was a really crappy thing for a brother to choose golf over family, but it was probably better without him if he picked that sort of thing anyway.  But everything went well.  We stayed for about 4 hours.  I took lots of pictures but missed some important things like cutting the cake.  They skipped the whole dancing thing, no gifts, very simple all around which fit them.  They were attended by her sister and his best friend Bob.  So here's some of the people and highlights of the day....

The wedding party


 First Kiss


The happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Walker

 

Daddy and Cy


Up close and personal with the groom


Sandy and her new grandson, Cy


Dylan and I with Sandy


Adding in Dave and Konner completes the set. 
 I really wish my brother would act a little less his age here



Here are Dave's brothers with their wives.  Paul and Bonnie on the left (the ones from Cali) and Craig and ?Laurie? on the right.  They all decided to wear sunglasses since Paul and Bonnie are from Hollywood, what nerds!


Cypress and mama with one little tear on his cheek, aww!


Dave being a goof ball, with Bob...


And again with Dylan


One of the nice guests got down on the ground and took a shot of Cy enjoying himself since I was in a dress and she could see I was struggling with staying "appropriate"


Here's trouble incarnate.  Konner, Free and Hunter.


My sister was so impressed they had a harp, how fancy!


Here's Dylan's new boyfriend Ty.  He's younger than her amongst some other things that aren't going in his favor from a big sister's standpoint.  No job, no license, lives with mommy, no degree, etc.  My sister is a very ambitious, materialistic work-a-holic so I really don't see him bringing much to the party.  However he makes her happy so I genuinely want to like him.  Not sure where my feeling for him are going just yet but I don't love him or hate him.  He was careful not to do anything to upset me but didn't kiss my ass so I guess that's a good sign.  If he was going out of his way to impress me I would have known it was fake or he was hiding something.  He was willing  to answer all my questions and probably thinks I am a major nut/jerk, but oh well!   I wish them the best of luck, but if he hurts her I have people who will help me hide the body :)


And just one cute pic of Dylan, I know how she loves to see herself so maybe this will get her to come read the blog (hi hunny bunny, luv u!)


All in all it was a wonderful time had by all and I am so happy for them.

Best of luck Dave and Sandy, CONGRATS!

Love you!

Blessings,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you all enjoyed the wedding. And very glad that Dave & Sandy have found happiness with each other.
    I love your dress. I'd still it but we both know it'd be about 4 sizes too small LOL. You look very pretty in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just wanted to add that you look lovely in these pics!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your piece of mind here with me. I always look forward to reading the sweet thoughts you leave behind. I will respond here so keep an eye open... thanks for taking the time, it is always appreciated. Blessings!